Monday, October 26, 2020

1981 Topps Ken Forsch

 

The front: I believe this is Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, though I am not 100% sure, I don't know the NL parks as well as the AL. Forsch pitched in two day games in Pittsburgh, going 0-1 with a 7.56 ERA.

The back: The brothers of Cardinals' hurler Bob, Ken's no-hitter made the brothers the first in MLB history to throw a no-hitter. It was also the first no-hitter in baseball history as early as April 7.

The player: Ken Forsch never had quite the success of his brother Bob, but as both a starter and a reliever for the Angels and Astros, he was pretty effective for most of his 16 MLB seasons. Overall he went 114-113 with 51 saves and a 3.37 ERA. He had All-Star appearances for his work as a reliever for the Astros in 1976 and as a starter for the Angels in 1981.

The man: Forsch worked for many years in the Angels' front office and is now retired.

My collection: I have 30 of his cards, from 1971 to 1986. I would be interested in trading for 1982 Fleer Stamps #221.


No comments:

Post a Comment