Monday, November 6, 2017

Jeremy Barnes on baseball cards

Infielder Jeremy Barnes played four seasons in the Phillies organization. In 334 games he hit .265 with 18 HR and 146 RBI. Now the hitting coach for the Tri-City ValleyCats in the Astros organization, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"No real stories regarding my cards, however, I have been shocked at times the random cards that have seemingly popped up out of nowhere.  For example, I played on a team in the Great Lakes League called the Delaware Cows, that I signed this year.  I almost completely forgot I played for them since I was only there for a short time and thought what a random card for someone to have.

I wouldn't say I have a favorite card of myself but the most popular one that I always seem to sign is a chrome Philadelphia Phillies card of me running to 1b.

I don't collect cards but I had a collection when I was younger.  The main use was to draw cards and play neighborhood scrimmages mimicking the players that we picked."


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment