Friday, April 29, 2016

Cameron Satterwhite on baseball cards

Outfielder Cameron Satterwhite played three seasons of professional baseball, including a year in the Reds organization where he hit .253 with 8 HR and 44 RBI in 80 games. Now Assistant Director of the Reds Urban Youth Academy, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"A quick story about my cards, I actually didn’t know that I had a card until I was playing independent ball after being released.  I was in St. Louis and had just gotten off the bus when a fan ran up to me and asked if I would mind signing.  I said sure, not a problem.  He handed me a card and I saw myself on it and was in complete disbelief!  It was something I had always dreamed of when I was a kid and was pretty cool to see.  The only downside of the card was that Topps came to take the picture during my off-day and instead of playing I was coaching 1st base. 

 
I am not really a baseball card guy anymore, but as a kid I always loved to see the chrome or holographic Ken Griffey Jr. cards.  Being that he was and still is my favorite player of all time, I loved seeing the shine and effect of the holographic Ken Griffey Jr cards.
 
Unfortunately I do not collect baseball cards.  I know people who do and they tend to give me different versions of my personal cards but that was just something that I never got in to.  Maybe one day I will have a better love of cards but for now, I am just a baseball fan."
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment