Friday, February 10, 2012

Ty Kovach on baseball cards

Ty Kovach pitched five seasons in the Indians and Mariners organizations. His best season was 1990, when he went 12-3 with a 2.56 ERA for the Kinston Indians. Now a Mortgage Loan Originator at Fifth Third Mortgage in Medina, OH, he kindly answered my baseball card questions.

"The very first card of me in Watertown NY was probably the favorite for me. I was pitching that day and missed the "typical" head shot for the card and they took a picture of me pitching which was pretty cool and was my favorite card. The way the shadow was over the plate and myself in the sunlight was pretty cool looking. I do not collect baseball cards, but I am still humble when I receive about 3-4 times a month people sending me cards to sign. I do believe I get cards still to sign due to the fact that I played with Charles Nagy, Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez just to name a few and they are looking for a full set of their minor league team set.

Now I am a mortgage loan originator here in Medina Ohio where I live with my wife in a house we built 8 years ago. I have 4 wonderful step-children and 3 grandchildren and love them all as if they were my own."


Thanks! I don't have that card, but do have this one from 1991 Classic Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment