Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Michael Schlact on baseball cards

Michael Schlact pitched in the Rangers organization from 2004 to 2010, winning 34 games. Last year he went 6-4 for the independent Southern Maryland Blue Crabs. An active blogger and tweeter, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
I remember the 1st time I was approached by a baseball card company. Upper Deck asked me to do a signature series for them and I was blown away. I used to collect cards as a kid, and to have my own was such an honor! It took FOREVER to sign all the individual stickers that were to be placed on each card, but it was totally worth it when I finished.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
My favorite card is the Upper Deck rookie card that I had done when I was drafted. I think your first card is the most sentimental.

- Do you collect baseball cards?
I used to collect cards. I have gotten away from it since I became a pro player, but it still interests me to see how much money old cards can go for!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment