Friday, February 24, 2012

Mark Sievert on baseball cards

Mark Sievert pitched seven years in the Blue Jays and Rangers organizations, going 44-26 with a 3.74 ERA. Now a fifth grade teacher at Lake Denoon Middle School in Muskego, WI, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
There is a baseball card out there of myself that has me wearing a right handed glove as I was playing pepper with a teammates glove at the time. The back of the card said I threw left handed which was not true of course.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
My favorite cards are of my teammates as I recall the great memories of the game.

- Do you collect baseball cards? I do not collect baseball cards myself, but my in-laws are avid collectors having many rare and impressive cards (e.g. a Jackie Robinson original).

Thanks! I couldn't find a picture of the card where he throws left-handed, so here is one where he is throwing right-handed, from 1996 Bowman's Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment