Monday, August 1, 2011

Player Profile: Ehire Adrianza


This is something I figured would crop up from time to time - retroactively adding players as I get their cards. Even though I was up to Alkire in my player profiles, I've started adding the new cards I've gotten recently to my list of cards, and here is a player who comes up alphabetically before Alkire - Ehire Adrianza. This card is from 2009 Bowman Chrome Prospects.

Playing career: Ehire Adrianza has been a shortstop in the Giants organization since 2008, mostly known for his defense.

Where he is now: Adrianza started the season at Augusta, and has since been promoted to San Jose. Overall this season he is hitting .253 with three homers and 27 RBI. Yesterday at Inland Empire he was 1-3 with 2 walks and 2 runs scored.

Interesting facts: His godfather is White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen.

My memories: Never heard of him until I got his card.

Google Autocomplete results: He is third when you type Ehir, between eHire, a recruiting firm, and eHire Emerson, the alumni job board for Emerson College. There do not appear to be any other prominent Ehire Adrianzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment