Wednesday, August 10, 2011

JJ Trujillo on baseball cards

JJ Trujillo pitched ten seasons of professional baseball, reaching the major leagues with the Padres in 2002. Now an Energy Advisor at OurEnergyBroker.com, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My roommate was a left-handed relief pitcher and took a picture for his baseball card in Mobile, AL. hitting right-handed. It was awesome.

I love all of my own cards and consider them an honor to have since I grew up collecting them and admiring the players (mostly Nolan Ryan and Junior Griffey) until the late 90's. It was amazing to me when I would meet a staff member, instructor, or coach knowing that I had a baseball card of them tucked away in a shoebox, in a closet at my parents house. And I could remember exactly what the card looked like and what it said on the back, because I used to stare at them for hours.

I only collect cards of my friends now... But someday I hope to have a collection of players from the 1800's and early 1900's. I'm a bit obsessed with early baseball. Ty Cobb was the greatest player of all time. (just saying)"

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. It's nice to see players appreciate being on cards and appreciate the history of the game.

    ReplyDelete