Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chris Hammond on baseball cards

Chris Hammond pitched fourteen years in the major leagues for the Reds, Marlins, Red Sox, Braves, Yankees, A's, Padres and Reds. His best season was 2002, when he went 7-2 with a 0.95 ERA in 63 games for Atlanta. The following year he was a key member of the AL Pennant winning Yankees bullpen, pitching two scoreless innings in the World Series. Today he runs the Chris Hammond Youth Foundation, which builds and maintains recreation and athletic facilities in rural communities. He kindly shared with me his thoughts on baseball cards.

"I really don't have favorite card. I'm just grateful to have as many cards as I do. I don't collect cards but encourage kids to collect cards because its a great hobby to keep kids out of trouble."

Thanks! As Cardboard Junkie says, "do cards, not drugs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment