Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kory DeHaan on baseball cards

Kory DeHaan played seven years of professional baseball, including 102 games for the San Diego Padres in 2000 and 2002. He is now the hitting coach for the Arizona League Padres rookie league team. He kindly replied to my request for his stories about baseball cards.

"I feel honored to be on a card with Mike Darr, an up and coming star that was killed in an auto accident in spring of '01.

I really like the card that has a piece of game used wood on it. I need to find it because I don't even have it yet.
I loved collecting baseball cards when I was in Jr. High and High School. I had a chance to buy an '89 Upper Deck card of either Jerome Walton or Ken Griffey Jr., for $10. I picked Jr and have loved seeing him put together a HOF career."


Thanks! The bat card is 2003 Bowman Future Fiber Bats #KD if any of you readers have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment