Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Frank Seminara on baseball cards

A graduate of Columbia University, Frank Seminara was drafted by the Yankees in 1988 and pitched three years in the major leagues for the Padres and Mets, going 12-9 with a 4.12 ERA. Since his retirement from baseball, he has had a successful career in the financial services industry, and is currently Senior Vice President, Investments at UBS Financial Services. He kindly took the time from his busy schedule to share his thoughts on baseball cards.

"I do collect cards for for fun and investment-mostly pre-war and some fifties. I like to concentrate on the "when it was a game era" and memorabilia that was not "created" for sale.

I collect Gehrig, Ruth, Dimaggio and now some Brooklyn Dodger stuff (I am from Brooklyn, Gehrig went to my college).

Favorites include Goudey Ruths and Gehrigs( my favorite set) and 1956 Topps Mantle. Also autographed balls from the 20s/30s.


1993 Fleer Ultra and Gold Topps my favorites of myself. "

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment