PSA: If you're having trouble finding your favorite blogs, TCDB has a really great blogroll. I've been using it to keep track of all the great blogs I follow, including CardBoredom. On his post today he's got not one, but two fascinating tales of nautical misadventures and mistaken identities.
He is also a generous blogger who occasionally gives away cards, as he recently did on his other site. (There may be some available if they got missed in the recent blogger nonsense - I'm the only one who claimed cards in the comments.)
Who else gives away 1952 Topps cards? I needed three of the availables. Tookie Gilbert was the son of a big leaguer; Roy Smalley was the father of one. Dick Fowler served in the Canadian Army in WW2 and later became a US citizen. His yellow card pairs nicely with the other card I needed, a 1958 Don Mossi card, who looks a little older than the 27 years old he was at the time.

No comments:
Post a Comment