Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A couple of street packs

I decided I would limit myself to once a month with Baby Starks's street packs. Yesterday I picked up a couple of $1 packs - 44 cards for $2, about half of which I needed. Good deal. A lot of 2014 Bowman and 2016 Topps but definitely enough variety to keep me entertained, like:

Not too often you see an early Finest card without its "protective coating".
 You don't see Sports Illustrated cards too often in a pack like these.
 It was surreal to see Jose Canseco in a Yankee uniform in 2000. It still is when I get another card of him in pinstripes.
There were two Greensboro Hornets cards, both of trainer Carl Randolph. Guess I am a Carl Randolph supercollector now. These cards are from 1998 and 2000; he also had one from 1999. Today he is athletic training coordinator for the Pittsburgh Pirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment