Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Player Profile: Andrew Brackman

I have one card of Andrew Brackman, from 2012 Topps Heritage.

Playing career: Andrew Brackman, the Yankees’ first round pick in 2007, was a major bust. In 124 minor league games he went 17-35 with a 5.38 ERA. He did pitch in three major league games for the Yankees in 2011.

My memories: That end-of-2011 call-up seemed to be a pity call-up more than anything else – he had been 3-6 with a 6.00 ERA at Scranton that year. If I remember correctly Dellin Betances got a similar “pity call-up” – he was another highly-rated prospect having trouble putting it all together. I didn’t think I would see either as a Yankee again – I was right about Brackman, but thankfully wrong about Betances.

Where he is now: Anyone know where Andrew Brackman is now?

Google Autocomplete results: He is tenth when you type Andrew Br, behind Andrew Brischler, an artist. There do not appear to be any other prominent Andrew Brackmans.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Jackie Bradley Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment