Saturday, August 2, 2014

Player Profile: Brian Boehringer

I have four cards of Brian Boehringer. This one is from 1997 Fleer. 

Playing career: Brian Boehringer pitched ten seasons in the major leagues for the Yankees, Padres, Giants and Pirates. In 356 games he went 26-32 with a 4.32 ERA.

My memories: I remember him being pretty awful on the 1996 Yankees, probably the worst pitcher on that team that would win the World Series. I was surprised looking at his stats that, though he was bad that year (2-4, 5.44) he actually pitched quite well in two later stints with the Yankees and overall in his decade-long career. I guess first impressions matter.

Where he is now: A scout for the Diamondbacks.

Google Autocomplete results: He is first when you type Brian Boe, ahead of Brian Boemper, a landscaper in Mount Sinai, NY.  Another prominent Brian Boehringer is an electrical engineer in Tempe, AZ.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Madison Boer.

No comments:

Post a Comment