Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Shane Youman on baseball cards

Shane Youman has pitched professionally since 2002. In 2006 and 2007, he pitched in the major leagues for the Pittsburgh Pirates. He is currently a pitcher for the Lotte Giants in Korea, coming off a season in which he went 13-4 with a 3.54 ERA. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"The only story I have deals with a card of myself. The picture was taken in 2006. Not many people know this, but it was a photo of me with a crazy look on my face as I was watching the ball sail out of the park. I remember that moment because I knew as soon as I threw the pitch, that ball would be lost. 
 
As for a favorite card, I would have to say this old card I found of Ray Searage back in the day when he was pitching. He had that thick 'stache he still wears today, and he happens to be my favorite pitching coach.
 
I don't collect baseball cards, but I have a few lying around here and there."

Thanks! Here is a card of him from my collection, from 2007 Topps.

No comments:

Post a Comment