Saturday, January 4, 2014

David Krynzel on baseball cards

Outfielder David Krynzel played ten seasons of professional baseball, including two years in the major leagues with the Brewers. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I have one card that was taken right after BP, it has a picture of me with a tractor behind it.. not one of my favorites, but any card of mine is special. Especially the one of me at ogden.. I was 18, fresh as could be.. when I look at it, it reminds me of how much was in front of me, how much work i already put into baseball and how much work i had waiting for me to get to the top. Every year, every game every team every uniform every teammate every manager every fan meant so much to me. I breathed baseball, it was my life. Call it love for the game, yes... I had really fun times and really hard times, long hours on bus or plane, much much much more... it was all worth it.. the one play in the big leagues where I robbed a home run made a webgem top ten plays (#2) on a Friday night while playing in Milwaukee.. the play lasted approximately 7-11 seconds.. that play right there was worth every drop of sweat blood and tears it took me to get to the big leagues. Hard work and dedication."

Thanks!



2 comments: