Thursday, February 28, 2013

Jeff Andra on Baseball Cards

Jeff Andra pitched in the Giants organization from 1997 to 2002, going 26-30 with a 4.56 ERA. Now a Financial Advisor at Edward Jones in Kansas City, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I did collect cards when I was younger.  I would say it was my #1 hobby and where all of my allowances got spent.  I haven't done so since high school.  I'm not sure where most of them are. Probably in my parents basement.  I need to look into that so they don't get thrown out.

My favorite card is probably my first pro one which was in Salem-Keizer,OR in 1997.  The pic isn't great but there is something about your first card. I also like one I had from Bowman.  It has me in an actual SF Giants uniform in Spring Training which is nice to see since I never got any official time in the big leagues. 
 Interesting stories...not really.  I just remember guys would always try to do the staged photos of robbing a home run or putting a good swing on a ball and it never looked quite right.  The action photos always turned out better.  

I still get some cards sent to me by collectors to sign every once in a while and it takes me back to the fun days of playing in the minors which has now been 10 years past."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment