Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Player Profile: Mark Bailey


I have ten cards of Mark Bailey. This one is from 1985 Fleer.

Playing career: Mark Bailey was a catcher for the Astros in the mid-1980s. In 340 games he hit .220 with 24 HR and 101 RBI. The Greatest 21 Days has a full profile of his career, as well as an interview.

My memories: 1986 was my first year as a baseball fan, and I actually did not collect cards that year; instead I collected stickers for the Topps sticker album. Bailey’s sticker, coming off his promising 1985 rookie year, was one of the first I got, so he always stuck in my mind as being much more prominent than he actually was.

Where he is now: Hitting coach for the Corpus Christi Hooks in the Astros organization.

Google Autocomplete results: He is first when you type Mark Bai, ahead of Mark Baiada, President of BAYADA Home Health Care. The first result when you google Mark Bailey is not the ballplayer but a documentary writer.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Roger Bailey.

No comments:

Post a Comment