Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jack Howell on baseball cards

Jack Howell played eleven years in the major leagues, hitting 108 home runs. He also played four years in Japan, leading the league with 38 home runs in 1992. He is now passing on his home run swing as hitting coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks, who currently lead the major leagues in home runs with 15. He kindly took the time from his busy schedule to share his thoughts on baseball cards.

"One of my cards shows me running and I have my batting gloves in my hand and the picture makes it look like I am holding a wad of cash in my hands and I have a big smile. It's a funny card.

I did collect cards and now I am waiting for the value to go back up. I don't have anything later (think 1960s) but I saved a lot of sets of baseball,football and basketball. I also saved a lot of hall of famers and super stars during the 70s,80s."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment