Saturday, July 27, 2024

Time Travel Trade

These cards whisked through space and time very quickly, thanks to Diamond Jesters.

Let's go back to a time when McDonald's was not only cheap, but you could get baseball cards there.

Back to a time when the A's played in Oakland. (And were really good!)
Back to when Pacific was one of many licensed card manufacturers, when Will Middlebrooks was the hottest prospect in Boston, and when the Yankees were in the World Series every year, even if they sometimes came up short.
I picked one football card too, this terrific sideline shot of Giants great Mark Haynes.

 


5 comments:

  1. I miss the days when the A's were really good. Next year I will miss the days when the A's played in Oakland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those McDonald's MVP cards didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The '92 Donruss design scared me away from those McDonald's cards ... Good to see you picked up 2 cards that I sent in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Burdette card is great. I know that those cards have been on the blogs a bunch over the years, but I don't remember seeing that particular one before.

    ReplyDelete