Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Baseball card story from Dylan Cozens

Outfielder Dylan Cozens played nine seasons of professional baseball, mostly in the Phillies organization. He played in 27 major league games for the Phillies in 2018 and 2019, hitting .154 with 1 HR and 2 RBI. In 778 minor league games he hit .250 with 136 HR and 463 RBI, stealing 110. He also played professional football as a defensive lineman for the Tucson Sugar Skulls of the Indoor Football League. Now a general construction contractor and a real estate agent at Engel & Völkers in Arizona, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"One time either Topps or Bowman or one of the companies sent me cards to sign that were of Mitch Walding but had my name and stats on them so signed them all anyways without the picture being me on the card."

Thanks! I believe this is the card with Walding.

I don't have that card, but here is a card of Cozens from my collection.




4 comments:

  1. Have to be a good athlete to play two sports professionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting stuff. I like cards with cool stories behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember which player it was now, but some years one of the older players got his Heritage Real One cards to sign, noticed that the picture wasn't of him, then proceeded to sign each one with an additional note saying "This isn't me" with an arrow pointing to whoever was on the card. Because of that, copies of that card still sell for quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete