Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Mini matching

Fuji generously sent me some fun 1975 Topps mini cards.

Most were team photo/manager cards. I found that these went nicely together when photographed.

Three Hall of Famers here. Following up on a comment on Night Owl's blog the other day, someone said that 35% of managers at one time being Hall of Famers was too much. I'm inclined to disagree - there are only 30 managers at a time (24 in 1975) and the best ones last for 20 or 30 years, so I think their percentages would skew much higher than the percentage of Hall of Fame players.

Some more manager/team cards, including the legendary Billy Martin. Speaking of Night Owl, I wonder if he used to line up his '75s this way? This particular quartet makes for a very 1970s color pattern.
Breaking the mold, here are four miscellaneous minis. Two future '78 Yankees including Ed Figueroa with one of the oldest cards with a blue glove.


3 comments:

  1. Those checklists do look cool when they're lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to complete my 75' mini set one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always funny when you see this set in a post by itself, because if wasn't mentioned that they were the mini's, nobody would be able to tell.

    ReplyDelete