Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Blogger / OBC roundup

I've enjoyed GTT's blog Adventures of a Baseball Card Collector for years, but we had never actually traded before. We rectified that with a little swap. Got some fun reprints on my end. Lots of great photos in the '53 Bowman set that I might not ever own the originals of.

 Cards on Cards was recently giving away some "damaged goods". If you can find a flaw in these you are a better collector than I am. If I squint real close there may be the tiniest corner ding somewhere. I was certainly happy to add these shiny cards to my collection.

On to OBC. Tom Biggs sent a couple of 1984 Topps stickers with a Hall of Famer and a half, and added in some fun random minor league cards.
Cesar Capio sent a nice mix of '50s cards with a couple of '73 team checklists.
Michael Salinsky sent some more OPC hits as part of the 1984 project. I had just come across a photo of the Pete Rose Expos card, which I hadn't seen before, and thought it was cool. Then maybe a day later one showed up in my mailbox!
Dan McMurrer sent six terrific cards from the 1956 Topps set.
Finally, three semi-high 1966s from Andrew White! Young Jim Wynn is a highlight here.


 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to finally trade with you after having in turn enjoyed your blog for years, and glad you like the cards!

    ReplyDelete