Friday, September 15, 2023

Wallet Card loves Cheez-It

This one is so weird, but I think it is interesting. This Cheez-It truck container has been sitting in the lot of a storage facility in Sunset Park, Brooklyn for over a decade. It certainly appears to be a fairly old bit of advertising for Cheez-It (and owner Sunshine Brands). Sunshine was bought by Keebler in 1996 but the Sunshine name is still used. However, I can't find any kind of old Cheez-It advertising online to match the color scheme or even the phrase "I love Cheez-It". Is this some old truck container from the '80s or '90s? Or some kind of prop or art project created some time later? Either way, it captured my attention.



 

3 comments:

  1. All those crackers in there gotta be hella stale by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never seen that ad style... but I sure do love Cheez-its. However... I avoid buying them anymore... because I'll finish a box in 2 or 3 sittings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love Cheez-It's as a kid, but probably wouldn't be able to gag down more than a few now. Hopefully someone will stumble onto this post at some later date and provide an answer to your mystery. It certainly is a different looking style for them.

    ReplyDelete