Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Highlights from 1991 Pacific Nolan Ryan

As promised a few days ago, here are some of my favorite cards from the 1991 Pacific Nolan Ryan cards I acquired the other day. There were plenty of duplicates so some of these are available for trade.

I think this was the only card in the set with a Yankee Stadium photo, and it's fantastic. It's a nice, somewhat unique angle.

Here's another interesting Angels card of Ryan. Nice perspective on the ball, and I always enjoy the very understated backgrounds in 1970s spring training shots, where it might as well be someone's backyard.
There were a lot of photos of Ryan with his horses, but this was the only one on a baseball field. I think the only thing Ryan liked better than being with his horses, was being photographed with his horses.
There were a few old black-and-white photos, including a baby photo and the same minor league photo that is in the 1992 Classic Best set. This one was my favorite, from 1973 when Alvin High School renamed their baseball field after Ryan's second no-hitter that season.
We don't get a lot of baseball cards with this angle, and we certainly don't get a lot with the outfield distance displayed in meters.
There were a few photos of Ryan working out. This was the best one, a unique look in the everyday life of a baseball team.
There were a few cards of Ryan hitting. This may be one of the best batting-cage cards of all time.
Finally, this goofy card. I have a few more Hollywood bit players on baseball cards to post. After that, maybe it's on to bankers on baseball cards? What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. I had a lot of the Pacific cards as a kid, but looking through the photos here, I seem to have forgotten most of them. I do remember all of the horses though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IIRC these came in a box set, which I own but have not opened. So its cool see a few of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several cards from the set I've never seen before, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete