Monday, August 8, 2022

1971 lot

I was fortunate to pick up a "low grade" 1971 lot that really wasn't at all bad. My 1971 set is behind the others of the same era, so I can still get plenty of cards I need in a lot like this. This appears to have been one of the new collectors/flippers of new cards who don't know much about vintage. These are actually pretty good for '71s, with no real damage other than the ubiquitous visible corner wear.

I needed 26 cards out of the 75-card lot. Highlights include three high numbers, the last two League Leaders I needed, card #1 "World Champions", the famous Vida Blue card, and a should-be-famous Gene Tenace card, with him posing as a catcher on the infield dirt of Cleveland Stadium.

Lots of nice dupes to trade. Maybe you are working on a '71 set? Some of the best cards included an unmarked Series 1 checklist, several League Leader and World Series cards, some Hall of Famers (Niekro, Hunter, Morgan, Torre) and a high number (Milt Ramirez, #702).


3 comments:

  1. I just grabbed some very nice 71 high numbers yesterday myself. But man o man did it hurt. 71's are tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are getting some big names in these last couple of lots. The Tenace is a cool card, and nice to see someone recognizing that.

    If they haven't already been claimed, could you set aside the Hunter, Morgan, and Torre for future considerations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think I ever noticed Tenace on the infield dirt before. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete