Thursday, June 30, 2022

Classic cards and a classic card

Baseball Card Breakdown has been buying a few of the Classic sets from the late-80s/early-90s. He's been offering a lot of them for trade, and I picked up a few from a set that I somehow did not have any cards from before. It's from 1989 and has a really nice pink and blue design. It really stands out, I don't think I've seen any cards with this kind of color pattern before.

Classic had some nicer-than-average photography for the junk wax era. Their cards are kind of underrated.

While I had just asked Gavin about some Classic cards, he surprised me with this fantastic card too! Moose Skowron was the first baseman for the great Yankee teams of the late 1950s and early 1960s. Other than the Gehrig years, the Yankees have mostly won championships with solid-but-not-superstar first basemen: Joe Collins, Skowron, Chambliss, Tino, Teixiera. Maybe Rizzo next? Very cool to have an autographed card of a key member of the '61 Yankees.



5 comments: