Friday, July 1, 2022

Back in time, to 1955 (and 1957-1958)

Some months, my Diamond Jesters Time Travel Trades are mostly newer stuff. This time I picked out just three from the 1950s. I had some '50s cards that hadn't moved in trades for a few months, so I decided it was time to let them go find new owners. Here is what I picked:

Hank Sauer played 15 years in the majors and led the NL in home runs in 1952. Preston Ward played in nine major league seasons. He was part of the Cubs trade with the Pirates for Ralph Kiner, and the A's trade with Cleveland for Roger Maris. Harry "The Horse" Anderson was one of the best players on the Phillies in his first two years in the majors ('57 and '58) but flamed out pretty quickly and was out of the majors for good after the '61 seasons.


3 comments:

  1. I thought about snagging that Bauer, but passed. Glad it found a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank Sauer is one of those guys that I quietly collect. In fact, I think that this might be the first time that I've ever even mentioned it anywhere online.

    ReplyDelete