Sunday, June 19, 2022

Vintage and more from Card Hemorrhage

Card Hemorrhage has been gravitating away from baseball and towards hockey. That's fortunate for me, as I actually have some pretty decent hockey cards for trade. He sent me a really nice package of baseball cards in advance of the hockey cards I am sending him.

Much of the package was vintage cards, like these six '62s, highlighted by a second-year Juan Marichal card.

I love the back of the Hal Smith card with the advertisement for Topps football cards. Topps put out a really nice football set in '62; I don't actually own any cards from that set though.
He found quite a few '67 needs for me.
Four from '69 and '70, highlighted by that great Reggie Jackson second-year card.
Three more from early 70s Topps, including the last common non-high number I needed for the '73 set. Now I just need 33 more cards to finish off the set - four lower-numbered Hall of Famers, and 29 high-numbers (including the Schmidt). I am going to have to start targeting those cards more in my searches.
Finishing off the vintage section with some great oddballs, including a '73 OPC.
Moving into the 1980s, Jay included an unopened pack of 1981 Topps Scratch-Offs.
The back is fun too. It's funny to think of Ring Pops as brand new; they seemed like they'd been around forever as a kid in the mid-to-late eighties.
Six panels of three cards each on the inside. Biggest stars are Henderson, Palmer, Dawson and Seaver. Should I break up the panels into individual cards? Too late, I already did.
Lots of modern cards as well, mostly but not all from Jay's SF Giants.


3 comments:

  1. Quite the haul.
    The Reggie wins it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have some good hockey to trade, because this was a pretty solid group!

    ReplyDelete