Friday, January 25, 2019

Surprise PWE from Johnny's Trading Spot

Back in early December Johnny and I had another vintage trade. My package made it through all right but his got caught in postal purgatory. Good thing it wasn't a Christmas present! Johnny pushed through a "find request" last week (I didn't know about those) and that seemed to get things going. Supposedly it will be delivered today.

Even though it was not at all his fault, Johnny generously sent a surprise PWE to apologize for the delay. Some great stuff inside:
One card each from seven different vintage sets. Perez is one of the last big names I need for '75. Jake Gibbs rookie card is great. On Charley Smith's card I learned that he was the Yankees' return for trading Roger Maris to the Cardinals. And that Bob Locker is one of the weirdest airbrush cards ever. I learned from the Hall of Fame's baseball card blog that the "Cubs centerfielder" was Reggie Jackson.

1 comment: