Thursday, January 31, 2019

Luis Terrero on baseball cards

Outfield Luis Terrero played five seasons in the major leagues, for the Diamondbacks, Orioles and White Sox. In 243 games he hit .234 with 14 HR and 52 RBI. Now the hitting coach for the Greeneville Reds minor league team, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I was a baseball & basketball card collector as a young kid growing up.
To be signed as a professional baseball player was a big & proud step for me & my family, but to be signed by Arizona DBacks scout (Junior Noboa) who was one of the stars in my collection of cards when i was a little kid without any intention to become a professional baseball player, was very shocking. But getting the opportunity to have my own baseball card was a huge thing for me because I was able to show them that I was representing them & that they can have something to show up - feel proud of our relationship. To see them talking & showing my baseball card to everybody all around the town. Until this day 20 years after there is people that has keep it as one of their more priceless gifts. An amazing feeling when i could it give away my baseball card to my childhood friends, classmates, baseball teammates as well my family to their friends."
Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment