Tuesday, February 7, 2017

1989 Spokane Indians at the mall - Jeff Barton

Outfielder Jeff Barton played in the Padres organization in 1989 and 1990. In 152 games he hit .251 with 6 HR and 86 RBI. A fuller account of his career can be found at The Greatest 21 Days. He is now Vice President & Regional General Manager at MobilexUSA, a mobile laboratory service. In 2014 he answered my questions about baseball cards. About this set, he wrote, "When I was drafted by the San Diego Padres, our first baseball cards were taken in front of stores in the local Spokane, WA mall.  Later our team held a card signing in the mall and the signing went on for two hours…I’m still amazed that I had a baseball card and even more surprised that someone actually wanted my autograph."

I'm not sure where he is in the mall, looks like some kind of gifts/knickknacks shop. The store name on the little card on the table is too small to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment