Friday, August 19, 2016

Steve Tolleson on baseball cards

Infielder Steve Tolleson played in 182 games for the A's, Orioles and Blue Jays from 2010 to 2015, hitting .245 with 6 HR and 29 RBI. This year he is in the Royals' organization, but has appeared in just eleven minor league games due to injury. The son of former Yankee Wayne Tolleson, he is also a partner at Parallel Financial in Greenville, SC. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I enjoyed collecting baseball cards when I was growing up. To this day I still have complete sets that my dad bought for me. I enjoyed organizing them by team. I have not collect cards since I was a little boy. 

Now as a player, I have enjoyed collecting memorabilia in the form of bats, balls and jerseys from players that I have played with or against. 

My favorite baseball card of myself is an action card of me turning a double play and jumping over a former teammate and friend, Nick Punto."
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment