Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Frank Laviano on baseball cards

Frank Laviano pitched in the Yankees organization from 1990 to 1992. His best season was 1991, when he went 5-3 with a 4.65 ERA for Oneonta. Now a Senior Vice President at Morgan Stanley, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards. 

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players? 
I played with Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada, all those guys. It was neat to see Mariano’s first and last game.
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player? 
I liked all three cards that I had. The first year card was nice. In the Greensboro set, there was a picture of Trey Hillman (now the Dodgers bench coach) turning a double play. There was Shane Spencer, Mike Figga (played with the Orioles), also Tom Wilson (played with the Blue Jays).

- Do you collect baseball cards? 
I did collect. I stopped a few years ago. I have every Topps set from 1968 on, as well as some cards from late 50s and early 60s. I stopped around 2008 or 2009.


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment