Saturday, May 4, 2013

Phil Schneider on baseball cards

Phil Schneider pitched in the Rockies organization from 1993 to 1995. His best season was 1994, when he went 10-8 with a 3.12 ERA for AA New Haven. Now a Resource Center Instructor at Hawthorne High School in New Jersey, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"The only story that I have that I will never forget is the time that my baseball card was included in a Major League set.  My baseball card was included in 1995 Topps.  My neighbor who I had grown up with had taken her son to a baseball card show and they happen to buy a pack of cards and I was in the set.  When I was home visiting my parents they came up to me and mentioned they found my card.
 
I was never really into collecting cards (my brother was), but I would say all of my cards are my favorites.  I have one for each minor league year I played, and the special one is the one that was included in a Major League set."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment