Saturday, April 27, 2013

A.J. Zapp on baseball cards

First baseman A.J. Zapp played eleven seasons of professional baseball, mostly in the Braves and Mariners organizations. His best season was 2004, when he hit .291 with 29 HR and 101 RBI at AAA Tacoma. Now a youth baseball coach and the Southern Indiana Sales Rep for LIDS Team Sports, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?  
I coach my 9 year old son’s baseball team and give out 2 packs after every game to the two most valuable players.
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?  
My Topps rookie card with Jason Marquis.
- Do you collect baseball cards?  
I collected baseball cards when I was a kid.  Now my 9 year old son collects them.  I think I have all of my cards!

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment