Thursday, June 21, 2012

Some garbage from Night Owl

A while back, Night Owl was throwing out some cards. I convinced him to send me the 1993 Fleer cards he was about to throw in the trash in exchange for a few Dodgers and night cards. He sent me about 75 cards from that set, and I needed about 50 of them.

This Mark McGwire card does look like it might have spent some time in the dumpster. Night Owl apologized for the condition but didn't need to - in my eyes, if a card is intact, it's mint. (If anyone else has cards in this condition that they want to get rid of, let me know and I'll be happy to trade you some mint cards for them!)
All the rest of the cards were in great shape, like this Sam Militello card. In 1992 he created a lot of excitement among Yankee fans who thought he was going to lead them out of the doldrums and into being a winning team again. The Yankees actually haven't had a losing season since (that may change this year) but it had nothing to do with Militello.


1 comment:

  1. Nope, McGwire never touched the dumpster.

    He got wrinkled like that when I was sorting cards. McGwire somehow slipped under a couch cushion and got sat on a few times!

    ReplyDelete