Saturday, June 9, 2012

Player Profile: Kym Ashworth

I have one card of Kym Ashworth, from 1994 Classic.

Playing career: Kym Ashworth was an Australian who made his US professional debut at age 17. He never got above AA ball in five seasons in the Dodgers and Rangers organizations.

My memories: Only know him from his card.

Where he is now: Anyone know where Kym Ashworth is now?

Google Autocomplete Results: He is fifth when you type Kym As, between KYM Assemblers & Manufacturers and K Y M Assemblers, both of which refer to an Indian wiremaking company. There do not appear to be any other prominent Kym Ashworths.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Pedro Astacio.

1 comment:

  1. He was a nice guy. I remember meeting him when he played for Lakeland, and he signed his 1994 Bowman card for me. He needed directions to somewhere, so I let him borrow my marker after he was done signing. The team had another guy from Australia on it, Russell Spear, and they frequently were together. I still have his minor league card from the team set that year.

    ReplyDelete