Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Trade with Scott Crawford

I recently went to my first hockey game. I'm not really a hockey fan, though I followed it for a couple of years when I was younger. I saw the Islanders beat the Devils 1-0. It was banner day at the Nassau Coliseum - each fan got a banner. I had no use for it but I knew that Scott Crawford, an Islander fan who lives in Jersey (an unusual breed!) might want it. Sure enough he did, and in return he sent a bunch of 1992 Topps Gold Winners cards. I actually played the scratch-off game back in 1992 and won a pack of these. Now I've got a bunch more, including this one of former Yankee Mike Witt, who was kind of the Carl Pavano of his day. The Yankees traded Hall-of-Famer Dave Winfield for him, and he did nothing but get hurt all the time, pitching 27 games in four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment