Monday, April 25, 2011

Interview with Andrew Beinbrink

Andrew Beinbrink played six seasons in the Devil Rays and Rangers organizations. The right-handed hitting third baseman's best season was 1999, when he hit .339 with 11 HR and 51 RBI for Hudson Valley. Now the CEO of SportsForce, a college sports recruiting service, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
I've got a few stories. The one that I remember most is a rookie card that was reverse negative by Royal Rookies. Not sure if they are still around.
The other thing I remember is having to sign 5,000 autographs for my Topps rookie card. I had to sign them all in a short period of time during instructional league my first pro season. It almost game me carpal tunnel syndrome! LOL

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
My favorite card of all time is the Ken Griffey - Upper Deck rookie. I have 3 of them and that is when baseball cards really starting stepping up in quality.
My other favorite card is my brother's Johnny Bench rookie.

- Do you collect baseball cards?
I don't collect anymore but I have a vast collection. I used to be a subscriber to Beckett and went to card shows when I was in the 5th - 8th grade. When HS came around I stopped collecting in 1990 or so. I still have all of my cards organized and protected. Would be interesting to look through them one day to revisit those collecting memories.

Now I'm busy running a sports company called SportsForce -
http://www.sportsforceonline.com that assist student-athletes and families with their college sports recruiting and scholarship goals.
Sports and helping athletes is my passion!


Thanks! I don't have either the Royal or the Topps card, but here is a card of his I do have, 2000 Bowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment