Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cards from Garvey Cey Russell Lopes

I got some Yankees in the mail this week just because I replied to a post on Garvey Cey Russell Lopes. I'll be sending some Dodgers back his way - I didn't think I'd have anything to give back to him, but it turns out he has surprisingly extensive needs from major sets in the 93-00 era. Go check out his wantlists.

I got my first 2011 cards in this package, both from Topps. . .

. . . and Topps Heritage.

Either Francisco Cervelli had a really deep suntan, or this is an error card. Turns out this is Austin Jackson.

The weirdest card was this ghoulish Thurman Munson what if card, which speculates what he would have done had he still been alive in 1989, ten years after the plane crash that took his life.

Even weirder, Topps is pretending this is 1989, but uses a picture taken in the old Yankee Stadium which was torn down in 1974. They couldn't get a picture of Munson from 76-79 in the new Stadium?

1 comment:

  1. I have that Cervelli card. Been wondering for two years who was pictured. Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete