Saturday, December 11, 2010

John Trautwein on baseball cards

John Trautwein pitched in the Expos and Red Sox organizations from 1984 to 1990, making the major leagues with Boston in 1988. Since his retirement from baseball, he has gone on to a successful career in the business world, and is currently President & Chief Operating Officer of Source Support Services, which provides global service and support for IT manufacturers. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My favorite story is about my own major league card... One day a few years ago, long after my brief time in the big leagues was over, the minister of our church came to my house and gave me one of my baseball cards. I said "Thanks, I appreciate that, but you shouldn't have, I'm sure this cost you like 10 cents"... he replied "Actually John it was 6 cents, but shipping was $2.50"... oh well.....

My 1988 Fleer card is my favorite because it was taken in Fenway Park with the green monster as the background.

- I don't collect now, but I did when I was a young boy... and of course gave them all away!"

Thanks! Looks like his favorite card is a Steve Babineau shot.

1 comment:

  1. That shipping will get you every time. And cool to hear from a CMC guy.

    ReplyDelete