Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Drew Macias on baseball cards

Drew Macias played parts of the 2007, 2008 and 2009 season with the San Diego Padres. Currently an outfielder in the Arizona Diamondbacks organization, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Growing up I was a big collector of baseball cards...I remember my parents buying me a pack every time we went to the store...then it turned into a complete set every Christmas...I ended my collection in 2000...I have a complete decade of Topps baseball cards...1990 to 2000...I can't really remember my favorite card but I do know how excited I was when I came across my Frank Thomas draft pick card....and I looked up and saw it was worth like 1800 bucks maybe more i can't remember..and I had 3. I nearly passed out until I went out my local card shop and found out that they weren't the right ones. (They had to not have the name printed on the front.)

Anyways I had a lot of good times collecting cards as I'm sure you do...as for me my favorite card of me is the only one I have...just one...but I'm working my tail off to change that and have more."


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment