Tuesday, September 10, 2024

TCDB/OBC roundup

Leading off with a really fun trade package from TCDB's rencherg. Starting off with three great pitching action shots from Sportflics. Two of them are sidearmers - the Eichhorn in particular gives some great looks not usually seen on a baseball card. Needless to say the cards look a lot better in person.

The rest of his trade package included legends, stickers, and a weird oddball where Pepsi airbrushed their product colors over Jose Canseco's green A's uniform.
Meanwhile, three cards from peach_was_here including the final card needed for my 1992 Donruss Rookies set, Hall-of-Famer Pedro Martinez!
Leading off the OBC section with an even bigger junk-wax-era set kill. 1986 Topps Traded Barry Bonds! This came from Erik Greenwood.
I got two 1954 PWEs from OBCers this week. This quintet came from Doug Smith . . .
. . . while Bob D'Angelo sent three '54s along with a '53 Yankee card of Ewell Blackwell, best known for his time with the Reds. Among these eight '54s, the two coach cards (Scheffing and Hopp) have some of the most active poses.
Michael Salinsky sent three Empire Strikes Backs cards for me. I haven't put wantlists for my Star Wars sets on my blog, but if you have extra Star Wars cards let me know, I might be interested.
Finally, a very nice vintage mix from Dan Williams.

 

4 comments:

  1. Those ESB cards are in my sweet spot but I can't picture myself spending what it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob D and Michael Salinsky are OCT buds of mine. Bob lives 2 hrs south of me. Great trade buds for a dozen years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fellow blogger recently sent me an interesting Pepsi collectible involving an Oakland Athletic. It wasn't Canseco... but he got the same airbrushed treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like Pepsi foresaw Jose's future stop in Texas.

    ReplyDelete