Thursday, February 28, 2019

Can't Beat the Price Part Two

Remember those free cards I got a few weeks ago? The guy had some more, this time almost all 2017s and 2018s. Now that I'm a vintage collector I'm not really buying modern cards anymore, so this is a great way to stay in the "current cards" game. He said he'll probably do the same thing in 2019 - buy a bunch of packs, keep a few cards and give me the rest. I told him next time I'll have some Orioles for him in return. Least I can do if he keeps giving me free cards.

These are the 2018 base cards. Almost all are Series One. Not enough to finish that half of the set, but pretty close.
 2017 base cards. All are Series Two.
 2017 inserts and parallels. Maybe some Red Sox fan wants the duplicate Pedro?
 2018 parallels and inserts. I love the Matsui insert and the gold Tanaka. The Tim Anderson card is a thicker stock and numbered to /99. There were duplicate "Legends in the Making" inserts of Bryce Harper and Giancarlo Stanton. Maybe if Harper signs with your team you will want that card?
 Finally, a few leftovers from the older packs he had included last time. These are almost all stars - Brett, Bonds, Canseco, McGwire, etc. The 1991 Ultra Team Chris Sabo was the only one I needed out of this lot, but there's some decent junk-wax trade fodder here.

No comments:

Post a Comment