Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Rich Hand on baseball cards

Rich Hand pitched for the Indians, Rangers and Angels from 1970 to 1973. In 104 games he went 24-39 with a 4.01 ERA. Now the Founder and Managing Director of Fortune Asset Management in Dallas, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I really admire what you guys do. Was never a collector but I have signed anyone’s card that took the time to send me a note. There was a time some years past where collectors asked us to sign multiple cards so they could go and trade or sell them.I never charged for autographs but I felt like that was too much.
I love the guy who loves the game! The guy who was trained to love the game from Dad or Gramps, he will enjoy card collecting and pass it on to his children and so on and so on.
Those are the guys I send notes to so their kids can have the enjoyment of knowing their Dad knows a Major Leaguer!"
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment