Saturday, February 6, 2016

Player Profile: Yeison Asencio

I have one card of Yeison Asencio, from 2013 Topps Pro Debut.

Playing career: Outfielder Yeison Asencio signed with the Padres in 2009 and has slowly worked his way through their system. In 537 games he has hit .301 with 50 HR and 316 RBI.

Where he is now; In 2015 he played in 126 games at AA San Antonio, hitting .301 with 13 HR and 74 RBI.

My memories: Only know him from his card.

Google Autocomplete results: He is fifth when you type Yeis, between Yeast Infection, a medical condition, and Yeisimar Menotas, a musician. There do not appear to be any other prominent Yeison Asencios.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Phillippe Aumont.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I wonder if his nickname is "The Infection". I've got a low-numbered auto of him, so I'm crossing my fingers he makes a splash in the bigs one of these days.

    ReplyDelete