Saturday, May 28, 2011

Today's Haul

Today I bought the following complete sets (at $5 a pop, I couldn't resist): 1989, 1990 and 1991 Donruss, 1988 and 1991 Fleer, 1989, 1990 and 1991 Score, and 1990 Upper Deck. I needed about 500 cards total to complete these nine sets, so I see it as a good investment. And now I have about 6000 duplicates to trade, so for those of you who have wantlists for those sets, let me know!

On my way home from that purchase, I passed a craft fair/flea market in the Bellmore railroad station that I went to a couple of times last year. There was a guy who had a really good quarter bin, and I talked him into letting me get 150 cards for $15. There were lots of star cards and even some autographs. I got some autographs of pretty good players like Jose Lind, Jaime Navarro, Roberto Hernandez, Ricky Bones, Carlos Baerga, Wilson Alvarez and Leo Gomez. (I just realized that every single autograph was from a Hispanic player.) For some reason this guy had about a dozen different Leo Gomez autographs.

Here are a few other highlights from the quarter box that turned into a dime box:

2 comments:

  1. Quality haul!

    How close were you on '91 Fleer and Score before this? I might be interested in those. At the very least, I need the Alomar Dream Team card from '91 Score.

    Also: total shot in the dark here, but is that "Hit Man" card for trade or no? Awesome either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there were any Royals autos in there, let me know! Great haul! -Andy

    ReplyDelete