Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Justin Schuda on baseball cards

Justin Schuda played four seasons in the Tampa Bay Devil Rays organization. His best season was 2001, when he hit .240 with 25 HR and 71 RBI. Now a coach for the California Heat and Capo Valley Christian High School, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players? No stories really, but I do remember thinking how cool it was when i got my first team set ('99 Princeton DRays). Also, a teammate of mine in Bakersfield in 2002 told me his Dad bought a pack of cards at a card shop and found my card in it, among all the big leaguers.....I thought that was pretty crazy!
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player? My favorite card would have to be my Will Clark team USA card. He is my favorite player ever, and I have almost 60 of his cards and that one is by far my favorite.
- Do you collect baseball cards? I used to collect cards as a kid, and I still have my collection. It mainly consists of Will Clark and Rod Carew (my 2nd favorite player). I have a few Nolan Ryans that I cherish also.

Thanks! Speaking of Will Clark cards, does anyone have his 1990 Upper Deck #50 to trade?

No comments:

Post a Comment